TDG ONLINE TRAINING
Canadian law requires that any person shipping, handling, or transporting dangerous goods must be trained in accordance with Transport Canada’s standards by means of relevant transportation.
This TDG certification program has been developed in compliance with Transport Canada’s Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and Regulations. The training course consists of 10 chapters and a final exam. Once you pass your exam, you may print your certificates of completion (wallet & wall sized).
A TDG certificate is valid for three (3) years. TDG certificates are not transferable. A new certificate is required each time a worker changes employment.
Training may be paused or resumed at any time, is fully narrated, and includes interactive exercises to ensure understanding of course content. Your permanent record of training will be maintained in your account for ease of access and record keeping purposes.
Once completed, students should understand the requirements and responsibilities of persons who handle dangerous goods, offer for transport of dangerous goods, or transport dangerous goods.
Course Running Time: 3 hours
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to understand:
- The importance of UN Numbers, Packing Groups and Schedules
- The TDG Clear Language Regulations
- When Placards & Labels have to be use
- How to safely transport and contain dangerous goods
- TDG exemptions and reporting processes
Key Points on TDG:
- TDG stands for Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Anyone handling and transporting Dangerous Goods are required by law to be TDG trained
- All employers are required to show diligence in ensuring their employees are TDG trained
- TDG Course follows Federal OHS Regulations related to TDG