Our online instructor training equips you with all the tools you need in order to train and certify your colleagues, staff or clients in the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System. The course is delivered entirely online, including our hand-marked examination. Once you have completed the course, all of the Instructor Resources are available to download immediately.
All training materials reflect the current Federal and Provincial legislative compliance requirements and are completely custom-branded by Go Safety for your company.
Course Running Time: 4 hours 30 Minutes
This package also includes a WHMIS powerpoint presentation, exam templates, answer keys and wallet certificate templates available to download directly from your account.
- All tools and resources required to teach WHMIS
- Customized PowerPoint presentation
- Exam, Answer Key, and Certificate templates
- 25% Instructor Discount on all Go Safety products
WHMIS COURSE DETAILS
This comprehensive WHMIS Online Certification program has been developed in accordance with the Federal Hazardous Products Act for the training of persons who manufacture, work with or are 'in proximity to' hazardous materials in the workplace. Your training may be paused and resumed at any time, from any computer with an internet connection.
This course will guide you through all aspects of the WHMIS system, from the classifications, to MSDS’s. Your training will explain in detail what you need to know, emphasize key points and test your knowledge retention after each module.
After completion of this course, you should be able to understand:
- How do you protect yourself?
- Where do you go to get more information on this product?
- What should you do in case of an emergency or spill?
- What hazards are associated with what products?
Key Points on WHMIS:
- WHMIS stands for Workplace Hazardous Material Information System
- Anyone working with or around Hazardous Materials are required by law to be WHMIS trained
- WHMIS is primarily concerned labelling and information sheets for Hazardous Materials
- All employers are required to show diligence in ensuring their employees are WHMIS trained WHMIS systems must be reviewed every year, including some measure of training
Go Safety’s WHMIS Course follows Federal and Provincial OHS Regulations related to WHMIS